There are a few beaches in Kastellorizo, and it is a good idea to take a walk and find your own little bay. The only way for a swim is diving from the cliffs, platform and even the harbor. A good solution are the boats that can take to to the few beaches of the surrounding islands (Ro, Agios Georgios and Stroggyli).
At Pharos, where a small pier allows for boats to approach as well as at Plakes, within 20 min. walk to the north. At Mandraki, a narrow stripe of sandy beach. More beaches to be found at the islands of Ro – two concave stripes of sand – Aghios Gheorghios and Strongyli. For the daredevils: swimming within the Blue Cave (alias Cave of Phokialis), accessible by boat.
Beaches of Kastellorizo
- Ro (West Kastellorizo): On Ro islet lies the only worth-while beach of the entire area.
- Mandraki (East Kastellorizo): A small beach with little sand and pebble next to the harbor.
Also Read This Posts
- Kastellorizo Travel Guide
- Where is Kastellorizo
- How to get to Kastellorizo
- The Best 10 Things to Do in Kastellorizo Island
- 5 Most Romantic Places In Santorini
- Travel to Halkidiki | How Much Does Holiday Cost for 7 Days?
- Summer Holidays in Greece
- Population of Greece
- Traditional Greek Foods
- Discover Sikinos island
- Regions of Crete: Chania, Rethymno, Heraklion, Lasithi