You’ve booked the cheap flights, found the perfect hotel, but you’ve just remembered your passport is expiring soon. Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. Here’s everything you need to know about passport renewal, from where your passport office is, to how to apply for a passport online.
How long does it take to get a new passport?
It takes around three weeks to renew or replace your passport, unless you have expedited your passport, so you’ll need to allow plenty of time before your trip (bad news if you’ve been eyeing a last-minute trip on the cheap). If you are in a bit of a hurry, see below for the fastest ways to get your passport.
How old do you have to be to have a passport?
You must be 16 years old, or about to turn 16 in the coming three weeks, to apply for an adult passport.
When to renew a passport?
If you have any international travel planned, you’re going to want to check the expiration date on your passport right away. Of course, you know better than to try and cross borders with an expired passport, but many countries require a six month buffer on your passport’s expiration date.
Some of these countries include:
- Czech Republic
- French Polynesia
Don’t Miss These Posts!
- Passport and Visa Requirements
- Discover more about holiday in Greece
- Where in Greece on World map
- What is the meaning of Greece Flag
- Where to go in Greece
- Legal drinking age in Greece
- Need a Visa to Travel to Mykonos?
- Rhodes Visa – Who Needs Shengen Visa Travel to Rhodes
- How to get to Halkidiki from London UK
- How to Get to Crete From England
- Visa for Crete Island
- Visa for Santorini Island