The paves that pass through the centre of the village lead to old buildings and the traditional whitewashed houses. The locals preserve an openhearted and friendly mood that matches with their simple way of life. Theologos is worldly known as the Valley of Butterflies, a magnificent area situated 8 km south of the tourist settlement.
Read More: Rhodes Villages
The surrounding region is full of amazing sights, including the famous Monastery of Kalopetra and the white chapel of Agios Soulas which is built in a great environment. The homonymous beach offers many facilities and water sports for the visitors and it is the ideal spot for the windsurfers with the right conditions.
Tholos, also called Theologos, is a unique combination of a colorful traditional village and a quiet resort. An assortment of shops, taverns, bars and restaurants can be found around the hotels and apartments. Its exquisite beach can be breezy – an ideal place for windsurfers. The traditional way of life is still widely practiced in the village itself, and you should expect a very warm welcome from the friendly people living there. You should not omit visiting the picturesque church of Agios Spiridonas, with its lovely whitewashed belfry. The old centre of Tholos is built in traditional Rhodian style. With tall shuttered buildings and narrow streets, Tholos (Theologos) village in Rhodes is a delight to wander through.
Hotels of Theologos Rhodes
- Annabel Apartments – Booking.com and Hotelscombined.com
- Georgia Hotel – Booking.com and Hotelscombined.com
- Filoxenia Apartments & Studios – Booking.com and Hotelscombined.com
- Summer Dream – Booking.com and Hotelscombined.com
- Sunlight Studios – Booking.com and Hotelscombined.com
- Nirvana Beach Hotel – Booking.com and Hotelscombined.com
- Theologos Traditional House – Booking.com and Hotelscombined.com