There are ten spectacular luxury destinations in Greece. These Greek islands and popular destinations in mainland Greece offer unique luxury experiences. Discover them!
The 10 most popular luxury destinations in Greece
1. Santorini: How many stars would you give the experience of staying in a luxury hotel on the rim of the caldera with a view of the famous volcano? You’ll never get tired of watching the sun set from Oia and the other villages. From the veranda of your suite on the caldera, you’ll see the most spectacular canvas being painted: the sun dipping below the horizon makes the volcanic cliffs beneath your feet even more breathtaking, while the gulls swoop like white brush strokes above the indigo Aegean. Luxury is basking in the greatness of small things… Luxury five-star hotels with jacuzzis and private pools exist at Fira, Firostefani, Imerovigli, Oia, Pyrgos and Akrotiri.
2. Mykonos: Luxury design abounds in this sophisticated celebrity-favoured island, whose Hora is the paradigm of minimalist Cycladic architecture. Whatever you may have experienced in other world-class destinations, in Mykonos you’ll discover the energy is unique. Endless beach parties by the blue-green water, dancing, flirting and cocktails till daybreak with Little Venice and the Hora’s illuminated windmills as a backdrop will set you in the middle of an enormous postcard. Super luxury hotels can be found in Hora, Psarou, Ornos, Elia and Agios Stefanos.
3. Elounda, Crete: The compass of luxury has veered to this spot in northeastern Crete, the magical Elounda. Most of Greece’s five-star hotels are located right here. VIPs, heads of state and prime ministers, celebrities from the world over know that even they will enjoy a perfect holiday in complete privacy. Tasteful, opulent suites and villas on the water, gourmet restaurants, heavenly pool bars, every water sport, spas, private docks for yachts in nearby coves and islets, inviting you and your friends for a luxury holiday in their crystalline waters. Natural and man-made gifts created with you in mind.
4. Corfu: The island of Homer’s Phaeaceans. A luxury holiday spot since Roman times, emerald green, endless beaches and one of Greece’s most romantic towns with its atmospheric buildings, piazzas and Venetian castles. Pamper yourself with a week in a sumptuous villa overlooking the water and surrounded by trees and shrubs. Choose from among the several five-star resorts with bungalows set in gorgeous gardens that reach the shore. Enjoy townlife as a guest in a charming old home turned into a boutique hotel with a flower-filled courtyard. Resorts and luxury hotels may be found at Kommeno, Kassiopi, Dasia, Ermones and Kanoni.
5. Halkidiki: Lovely sandy beaches line a verdant backdrop of serene landscapes. Archaeological sites around every corner and Mount Athos within hailing distance. Five-star hotels with marinas and their own little harbours and beaches, private paradises where you dream luxury holiday scenarios come true: secluded candlelit dinners on the beach with piano music drifting over the waves, beach massages, spas and yoga lessons, parties at your villa, wine and food tastings with your own sommelier, a yacht to take you to the beaches of Sithonia and along the coast of Mount Athos for a glimpse of the monasteries, helicopters and limos at your disposal to visit Thessaloniki, Filippi, Dion and Vergina. Large and small luxury units with spas and marinas operate in Sithonia, Kassandra and Ouranoupoli in Halkidiki.
6. Athens: Colourful, multifaceted and cosmopolitan. A city full of monuments, priceless archaeological treasures and world-famous museums. A city than never sleeps and offers countless choices for entertainment, food and accommodation. In its heart you will find the most luxurious historic hotels, small palaces with every modern convenience, spas, coffee bars with a view of the Acropolis, pool bars and excellent restaurants serving world cuisines.
The ‘Athenian Riviera,’ which extends to the emblematic temple of Poseidon at Sounion, is dotted with five-star seaside resorts. Here you will revel in luxury, relaxation and water sports, just a few clicks from the city’s historic centre. Fresh fish and specialities from around the world, fine wines, spectacular sunsets, beach bars and clubs shaking to summer tunes compelling you to dance barefoot on the sand until sunrise. Sea, sun and the Attic sky. An ideal setting for your holiday, constantly gaining in popularity.
7. Thessaloniki: Like a magnet, the city has attracted people to it since its founding more than two thousand years ago. It always took the lead in the history of northern Greece and the Balkans. Here, the countless opportunities for shopping, entertainment and good food raise pleasure levels to new heights.
With a view of the Thermaic gulf, the White Tower, the port, Aristotelous Square and the esplanade on the Old Waterfront, you’ll stay in famed luxury hotels housed in historic buildings and restored neoclassical mansions or in outstanding modern structures. Their excellent cafes and restaurants are well-known throughout the city and worth your patronage even if you do not stay there. Art hotels, boutique hotels, business hotels, major modern hotels with spas and impeccable service await you in the city centre and its suburbs.
8. Messinia, Peloponnese: A blessed land with endless beaches. Imposing castles, historic towns, islands and islets, fertile fields covered with olive groves, rare birds thronging wetlands. Your stay here will be memorable as you enjoy singular luxury combined with bioclimatic technology, respect for nature and a celebration of local cultural heritage. You will play hours of golf on courses with a sea view, surrounded by forest.
Villas with private pools, innovatively designed suites, vast ultra-modern spas boasting dozens of advanced treatments for the face and body, restaurants serving food from around the world as well as authentic local produce. Pool bars, playgrounds, delightful verandas for your evening cocktail hour. A special luxury destination for special people.
9. Rhodes: In the old town of Rhodes, the city of the Knights, each day is another page of history. Staying in its stylish boutique hotels, you become a resident of the town, immersing yourself in its atmosphere and watching its myths come to life before you. At Mandraki, large luxury hotels overlooking the sea offer all modern conveniences, luxury suites, restaurants, pools and every conceivable water sport. A bit further away, at famous Lindos, Ixia and Faliraki you will glory in the island’s beautiful beaches while you stay in high-end hotels and resorts. A cosmopolitan destination with scores of different accommodation choices certain to meet any fancy.
10. Arahova: Winter’s brilliant cosmopolitan destination. A stone’s throw from historic Delphi, the ‘navel of the world’, as well as the ski centres of Parnassos. The fireplace is lit, choice food and wine laid out, spas and tennis courts available, indoor pools with a view of the mountain and the fir trees, luxurious salons and gaming rooms for you to wile away the time while the snowflakes decorate the landscapes outside the great picture windows.
In the town of Arahova, on the road linking Arahova with Livathi and on the tree-covered plateau of Livathi, you will stay in luxurious hostels and boutique hotels that combine traditional architecture and decoration with a refined classical style or modern design. Fresh mountain air, hikes, horse riding, adventures in the woods as well as all-night fun at Arahova’s bar-restaurants, famous for years for their pulsating nightlife and the luxury holiday settings they provide.