As this is the top tourist destination in Greece, there are lots of places to eat and drink in Santorini. Restaurants, cafe, and bars are found all around the island, from popular spots like Fira, Oia, Perissa, and Kamari, to more secluded places. The most impressive places to eat in Santorini are located on top of the caldera cliffs, offering a fantastic view of the Aegean Sea and the volcano. Nice taverns are also found by the sea in Kamari, Perissa, Perivolos, and Akrotiri.
As nightlife is great in Santorini, there are many bars and clubs that stay open until the early hours. Fira is the town with most bars and clubs on the island, lining up the narrow streets. These bars offer exotic cocktails and drinks under the night stars, offering an impressive dark view to the caldera. Bars with even more romantic atmosphere are found in Oia.
Best Santorini Restaurants
Santorini has a large number of restaurants, most of which offer Greek traditional dishes, made of fresh local products. For travelers who do not want to try the Greek cuisine, there are plenty of other Santorini restaurants with Mediterranean Cusine and International Dishes, or even Ethnic venues for sushi lovers. In fact, Santorini restaurants range in type, from Greek traditional taverns to upscale gourmet venues.
- Our favorite restaurants on Santorini: Metaxi Mas • Cava Alta • Argo • Ouzeri • Athenian House • Avocado • Candouni • Roka.
- Best Oia Restaurants: Roka • Karma • Candouni • Elinikon • Ammoudi Fish Tavern
- Best Fira Restaurants: Argo • Ouzeri • Naoussa • Cacio E Pepe
- Best Imerovigli Restaurants: Athenian House • Avocado • Anogi
- Best Santorini Restaurants with Caldera View: Athenian House • Argo • Naoussa • La Maison • Ambrosia. (In general the best restaurants don’t have caldera views but there are exceptions.)
- Best Santorini Restaurants with Sunset View: Athenian House • Naoussa • Elinikon.
Best Santorini Cafes
The magical island of Santorini has many entertainment options to suit all tastes. Around the island, you will find atmospheric Santorini cafe, built on the edge of the caldera, with stylish decoration and romantic feeling. Cafe in Santorini serve a wide variety of coffee, drinks, and exotic cocktails, but also sandwiches, salads, and other light meals. A popular spot, attracting many tourists and locals, is Fira, with lovely cafes overlooking the impressive volcano or scattered around the scenic paved streets in town.
Oia also offers chic cafes and, along with the villages of Firostefani and Imerovigli, is perfect to go out for a relaxing coffee and chat with friends. At the shores of Kamari, Perivolos, and Perissa, you will also find a lot of Santorini cafe.
- Best Fira cafes: Irini’s Cafe • Classico • Cori Rigas • Lila cafe • Pelican Kipos • V Lounge
- Best Oia cafes: 218 Cafe • Sun Spirit • Flora • Lioyerma Cafe • Melitini • Passaggio Cafe • Skiza • Sunsets
- Best Pyrgos cafes: Franco’s • Kasteli 1663 Cafe
- Best Firostefani cafes: Galini Cafe • Mylos
- Best Perivolos cafes: Chilli
- Best Vlychada cafes: Theros Wave Bar
- Best Perissa cafes: Tutti Frutti Cafe
Best Santorini Bars
Santorini is not only one of the most romantic islands in Greece but also has an exciting nightlife destination. Along the magical caldera, on top of the cliffs, you can find a great number of lovely cafes, bars and clubs to spend your evening or night out. Many bars have a lounge atmosphere, perfect for a romantic or relaxing time, and offer inspired cocktails or delicious local wines. Most Santorini bars can be found on top of the hill overlooking the magnificent water-filled crater and the Aegean Sea. There are also lively bars in Santorini, many with live music, which stay open all night and are ideal for parties, endless fun, and dancing.
Fira, the capital of Santorini, is the most popular nightlife spot, frequented by both international and Greek tourists. It is a place for all music tastes, as it has a wide variety of bars. Enjoy a splendid fruit cocktail under the night sky, while listening to your favorite music, whether it is traditional Greek, mainstream, rock, jazz or soul. Famous Santorini bars in Fira include Tango bar, Enigma, Kira Thira, and Two Brothers. Kamari and Perissa are also good options for alternative nightlife. Oia is a magical place for a romantic evening date, as it has many lounge and atmospheric bars.
Best Santorini Nightclubs
Although Santorini is the most romantic destination in the Cyclades, it is also a great place for fun and crazy nightlife. Perched on the rocky caldera, with panoramic sea views, or tucked into charming paved streets, Santorini clubs are many and play a wide collection of music types. In summer, there are also famous guest DJ appearances in many clubs in Santorini. Our favourite nightclubs in Santorini are Enigma, Koo Club, Casablanca Club and Town Club.
The wildest and more exciting nightlife is concentrated in the island’s capital, Fira, and in the popular seaside resorts of Kamari and Perissa. There are nice beach clubs which also organize fun day happenings. The village of Oia also has few places to have fun but they are mostly lounge bars, not clubs.
Where To Eat And Drink In Santorini
Also Read These Posts
- Discover World Famous Greek Island: Santorini
- Santorini Travel Guide – Holiday Budget
- Where is Santorini
- Santorini Map
- What is the currency in Santorini
- Current Local Time in Santorini
- Languages of Santorini
- How to Get to Santorini
- Getting around in Santorini
- Santorini Car Rental
- Best Time to Visit Santorini
- Transportation in Greece
- Best Things to Do and See in Santorini
- Santorini Nightlife
- Santorini Beaches
- 5 Most Romantic Places In Santorini
- Where to stay in Santorini
- Best Hotels in Santorini
- Cheap Hotels in Santorini
- Best Luxury Hotels in Santorini
- The Best Santorini Beach Hotels