The island of Rhodes is a Greek island that can be visited in any season of the year. So, What is the best time to travel to Rhodes, Dodecanese?
In winter, the average temperature is 14 degrees and very rainy, in summer the humidity is very high and the air temperature is around 30 degrees and is quite dry.
The holiday on the island of Rhodes begins in April and lasts until November. The hottest months start in mid-June and last until the second week of September. Therefore, if you do not want to be affected by the heat, April, October, and November will be more ideal.
Winter Holidays in Rhodes Island
If I were coming to Greece in the winter season and had to choose one island to visit then this would be the one, though I would probably fly rather then take the ferry, to avoid storms and sea-sickness. As for other times of year we were there at the hottest time of the summer and it was fine.
Even the hottest part of the day you could find somewhere to stay cool, either by the sea, in the shade in one of the many parks or in a cafe. Even the hottest days the mornings and nights were fine. When the summer meltemi winds are blowing the climate is perfect. I can’t imagine it being any better in April, May, June, September and October but they say it is.
Keep in mind that there are fewer island connections in the winter and getting from Rhodes to Santorini and the other Cyclades is much more difficult in the winter. There is a ferry to Crete which continues on to Mylos and Santorini a couple times a week but this is a long trip, especially in the winter when the open sea can be rough.
Also Read These Posts
- Best Things to Do in Rhodes
- Where is Rhodes Island, Greece
- General information about the island of Rhodes
- How to Get to Rhodes
- Rhodes Visa – Who Needs Shengen Visa Travel to Rhodes
- Where to Stay in Rhodes
- Rhodes Hotels
- Rhodes Transportation
- Greek Foods and Best Places to Eat in Rhodes Island
- The Best 10 Things to Do in Kastellorizo Island
- Kasos Island
- Autumn Holidays in Greece
- Karpathos Island
- Transportation in Mykonos
- How much does it cost to travel to Mykonos?
- Time in Crete: What is the current local time now in Crete
- Santorini Beaches
- Current Local Time in Santorini